We are a group of post-2004 permanent staff running on the R&D ticket in order to defend our rights and working conditions.
We encourage you to vote List No. 9 for a lot of very good reasons:
WE REPRESENT ALL STAFF!
· We stand for the most balanced representation of post- and pre-2004 staff, to protect the interests of each and every EU civil servant or agent, regardless of their job category, age or gender – from entering into service until retirement.
· R&D is currently the biggest trade union across the institutions and the best represented in Staff Committees, with many post-2004 colleagues elected from our lists.
WE HAVE PROVEN OURSELVES!
· During the last Staff Regulation negotiations among trade unions, we rejected all attempts to widen even further the gaps between colleagues – or worse, to turn them against each other! This helped us avoid drastic cuts in salaries, leave entitlements, and staff numbers.
· We have and will defend the acquired rights of all colleagues. The integrity of our salaries and pensions is paramount for junior and senior officials alike. Here is how we do it…
WE STAND UP FOR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES!
10 years on from the disastrous Kinnock reform is no time for scholarly analyses, reporting, and score-settling… The delay in careers imposed on post-2004 colleagues cannot be reversed through the promotion exercise alone, nor through the limited number of cascades to lower grades that are allowed. It is time to make fair but realistic operational proposals! We offer a comprehensive strategy for change.
WE PROMISE TO WORK TOWARDS:
· A multiannual plan for AD and AST internal competitions that meet the expectations of post-2004 colleagues – i.e. that are fair, transparent, and free from political pressure (anonymous testing!);
· Breaking the current glass ceiling on the careers of women and EU-13 staff. We practice what we preach – we are the only list headed by two EU13 women and the current LSC president and secretary are both women and EU13 (nos. 1 and 4 respectively on R&D list No. 9);
· Improving the working conditions for those most vulnerable – such as temporary staff, parents with small children, low-income employees and civil servants at the beginning or end of their careers;
· A modern European Public Service based on a new vision of management: responsibility + liberty = better performance and greater satisfaction at work!
· Better working conditions and well-being: support for authentic pro-health measures by the Commission, including a better work/life balance, healthy transport to work, more nurseries/schools, higher standards in buildings.
WE STAND FOR THE RENEWAL OF STAFF REPRESENTATION!
During the last Staff Regulation reform, the negotiating position of the staff representatives was not strengthened due to some organisations trying to divide the staff instead of standing for the common good. We need to stand prepared for the next round of reforms, we cannot afford to lose due to internal divisions!
We must ensure that post-2004 colleagues take on a greater share of responsibility.
That is why we are on R&D list No.9, and in such great numbers, too.
We count on your support – together we are strong!
VOTE R&D, LIST N° 9