We also supported with the utmost conviction the petition “not in our name” signed by thousands of colleagues and asking the Commission to oppose this truly scandalous case of revolving door.
Similarly, following the disclosure of the “Panama Papers”, we denounced the ridiculous nature of the justifications put forward by Mrs Kroes, pointing out that it was not credible that she could not be aware of the social mandates she would have exercised, unbeknown to herself, being the director of a useless company on the other side of the world, in a tax haven.
We have also denounced that the Commission was clearly the only body in the world to see no harm in Barroso’s new missions and to take Ms. Kroes’ “explanations” seriously.
- The “revolving door” cases;
- The undermining of the credibility of the institution;
- The deterioration of the image of Commission staff;
- The disastrous communication strategy put in place to constantly try to deny and trivialize the seriousness of these cases, which has resulted in increasing irritation and critical reactions.
- a profound reform of the code of good conduct for the members of the college and the setting up of a procedure to verify its respect and its good application.
The progress made …
- Reform of the Code of Conduct for Commissioners, although still insufficient;
- Commission decision to reprimand Ms Kroes;
- Following the petition “not in our name”: decision of the European Ombudsman stating that the management of the Barroso case by the Commission is an indisputable case of maladministration.
- the reinforcement of the code of good conduct as requested by the EP and the European Ombudsman.
To these cases, at the political level, have also been added recurring cases of internal mismanagement as well as a gradual deterioration of the quality and rigour of the procedures organized by our administration.
Le Renard Déchaîné
|2/05/17||Note of M. Alexander Italianer, Secrétaire général de la Commission à l’attention de M. Cristiano Sebastiani, Président de R&D||lire|
|7/03/17||Note to the attention of M. Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission – Barroso case – Decision of the European Ombudsman of 24 February 2017 to open an inquiry, to invite the Commission to reply to the letter of last 16 October, sent by the collective of the staff members responsible for the petition “Not on our behalf”, and to check how our institution is dealing with this case of “revolving doors||read|
|10/01/17||Note to the attention of Mr Jean-claude Juncker, President of the European Commission – Kroes Case – Commission Decision of last 21 December to hand a reprimand to former Vice-President Kroes for the lack of diligence she demonstrated by failing to declare the income received for 2015 in the early 2016 declaration, while still accepting to receive the transitional allowance set out in the Commission’s Code of Good Practice ( cf. PV(2016) 2194)||read|
|15/11/16||Note to the College : Reform of the Code of Conduct applicable to members and former members of the Commission / Barroso – Kroes cases / 15th November 2016||read|
|23/09/16||Note to the attention of Mr Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission – “Bahamas Papers” and articles in the European press about the situation of the former Vice-President Neeli Kroes||read|
|14/09/16||Note to the attention of Mr Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission – Barroso case, your reply of 9 September to the European Ombudsman||read|
|9/09/16||Note à l’attention de M. Jean-Claude Juncker, Président de la Commission européenne||lire|
|9/09/16||Note from Mr Jean-Claude Juncker to the attention of Mrs O’Reilly, European Ombudsman||read|
|4/08/16||Note to the attention of Mr Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission – Appointment of Mr Barroso as advisor and non-executive chairman in the international arm of the international investiment bank Goldman Sachs||read|
|12/07/16||Note to the Members of College||read|
|12/07/16||Open letter to President Barroso||read|
Petition “Not in our name”
Decision – Complaint 194/2017/EA
Avis – Ombudsman reacts to opinion of Ethical Committee on Barroso
Resolution of 1st December 2016 – 2016/2080(INI)
Resolution of 26 October 2016 relative à la position du Conseil sur le projet de budget général de l’Union européenne pour l’exercice 2017 – Résolution du PE du 26 octobre 2016… point 69 2016/2047 (BUDG))