In the world of adolescents with psychological disorders and young autistic from Open Door in Blicquy – Photos by Michel Loriaux
In November 2017, R&D organized an exhibition on autism under the patronage of Commissioner Marianne Thyssen, in charge of employment, social affairs, skills and worker mobility.
- chosen art in order to express our solidarity with our colleagues, parents of children with disabilities;
- drawn the attention of the administration to the requirements of our colleagues;
- reminded the right of people with disabilities;
- requested the application of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD);
- called on the European Schools to ensure an inclusive education at all levels of schooling and to offer lifelong learning opportunities which, among other things, aim at the full development of human potential and the feeling of dignity and self-esteem… (recall of Article 24 of the UNCRPD).