Appraisal exercise 2023 : R&D at your disposal to offer you a TAILOR-MADE ASSISTANCE
EVALUATION & PROMOTION EXERCISE
Appraisal exercise 2023: several new features have been introduced
R&D’s expert colleagues at your disposal to offer you TAILOR-MADE assistance
The appraisal exercise has just started with the self-assessment phase and the dialogues with the evaluators will follow very quickly. The appraisal exercise is key moment for your career. That is why it needs to be done with the utmost care. This is why R&D is always at your side not only to inform you but also to offer you TAILOR MADE ASSISTANCE.
NB: Appraisal exercise 2023: several new features have been introduced
This year, in the context of the HR Strategy and in order to make the entire process simpler and more meaningful, DG HR has revamped the appraisal system in Sysper.
The main new features include:
– Carrying-over the full report of the previous year. This carry-over is only possible at your request, at the time of yourself-assessment in Sysper, if you meet a set of conditions. If the carry-over is accepted by your reporting officer, the text of your appraisal report of the previous year will be applicable in full for the current exercise. The dialogue with your reporting officer will take place in any event.
– Please note that if your appraisal report contains a contribution from the Ad hoc Group, if accepted by your reporting officer in case of carry over, your 2021 report will be carried over without any change and the Ad hoc Group contribution will not be part of your carried over report.
Also note that it is impossible to request a contribution from the Ad hoc Group for the year 2022 if you have a carried over report.
Thus, if you wish to request a contribution from the Ad hoc Group for your activities during the 2022 you do not have to ask for the carryover of your 2021 report.
- A single section for Ability, Efficiency and Conduct (AEC),
- A greater focus on managerial competencies and work performed in the interest of the institution outside the jobholder’s unit, under the AEC section.
- The introduction of a maximum number of text characters accepted by the system.
The report also includes a new section about your future development.
This section will not be considered for the comparison of merits in the context of promotions.
As soon as you receive the Sysper notification informing you that your 2023 evaluation has been launched, you must complete your self-assessment within 8 working days. Please note that justified absences (mission, leave, illness) are not counted in these 8 days and therefore extend the deadline.
In order to help you in this exercise, R&D provides you with its advice, expertise and knowledge during the drafting stage of your self-assessment but also during the dialogue with your assessor, which is the next stage.
Please find the enclosed files for further comprehension.
We are aware that we cannot limit ourselves to offering you information, standard texts or general advice. As each case is different, it is not possible to address your concerns and answer your questions at a conference.
This is why R&D is always at your side to offer you TAILOR MADE ASSISTANCE.
The appraisal exercise has just started with the self-assessment phase and the dialogues with the evaluators will follow very quickly. A helpdesk is at your disposal where you will find all the help you need (email: OSP-RD@EC.EUROPA.EU tel: 55676) and we will put you in touch with our R&D specialist colleagues to assist you.