In 2010, EPSO will introduce a new procedure for selecting permanent staff for EU institutions. Ongoing competitions that were launched in 2008-09 will follow the old selection procedure.
What will change?
- much quicker competitions with fewer steps in the procedure
- annual competitions for the most common job profiles (see chart below)
- competency-based testing
In addition to specific professional skills and knowledge, the following core competencies will be assessed:
- analysis and problem solving
- delivering quality and results
- learning and development
- prioritising and organising
- working with others.